School Readiness (Pre-K)
- Approach to play and learning
- Emotional and social development
- Health and physical development
- Language development and communication
- Cognitive development
- The HCS Pre-K Application is now closed for the 2018-2019 school year.
- The HCS Pre-K Application will open for the 2019-2020 school year on April 1, 2019 (Applicants must be age 4, on or before September 1, 2019 to qualify.)
Pre-K "Meet the Teacher"
"Meet the Teacher" will take place if your child is selected for the Pre-Kindergarten (Parents and selected Pre-K children should attend the session that best meets the parents'/teachers' schedules.)
Pre-K School Supplies List
(Please feel free to donate additional items to the classroom at your own will.)
- Cloth mat with cover attached (please, no plastic mats)
- Complete change of clothes (pants, shirt, socks, and underwear)
- Backpack (large enough for a binder)
- 2 boxes of Kleenex
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- Container of Lysol wipes
Questions? Visit our FAQ page
Raise Smarter, Happier Babies
It’s never too early for education to begin! The LENA Start™ program uses the LENA System to help parents of infants and toddlers (0-30 months) close the "talk gap" to build their babies' brains, improve their social and emotional well-being, and help prepare them for school and for life.
School Readiness Director: