Our vision is to ensure that every student with special needs is prepared for maximum independence in learning and living.
Our mission is to identify students who meet the federal and state criteria as a student with a disability and to provide services that empower them to become active members of society based on their individual strengths and abilities. We are committed to helping students become part of a global technological society through an educational process characterized by effective instruction, individualized learning, and superior personal achievement.
- Educational outcomes for students with disabilities replace procedural compliance as our primary focus.
- Low expectations of the past are replaced with early intervention, individualized services, parent empowerment, and accountability for results.
- Students are supported in the least restrictive environment.
- Access to general education opportunities is the right of every student.
- Participation and progress in the general curriculum is facilitated with the use of research-based academic, social, and positive behavioral supports.
- Parent Help Line: (256) 428-6845
(Operating hours coincide with the Huntsville City Schools calendar for students.)
- State Department of Education (Special Education)
- Child Find: You may contact the Huntsville City Schools Special Education Department at (256) 428-6872 for children ages 3 to 21. For information about services from birth through age 2, contact Patrick Kelly or Janet Clark at (256) 650-1727.
Director of Special Education
Office Phone: 256-428-6872
Office Fax: 256-428-6871
Office Hours: Mon-Fri | 8AM-4PM (Regular)